xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Celebration: Day 6, Kickball

June 11, 2011

30 Days of Celebration: Day 6, Kickball

Today I'm celebrating playing.  Playing???  Yeah, you know, running and jumping and being outside with your friends just because it's fun?  Well, last weekend I went on a grown-up field trip and did a LOT of playing.  Thanks to my pals Conor, Andrew and Karin, I've got the footage to prove it.

The tetherball was a temptation I could not resist.  Flashbacks of dominating the tetherball court ran rampant that weekend.  Remember when I said being tall isn't really a talent?  Well, in tetherball it definitely IS.

And because I never miss an opportunity to show off my graceful side:

[caption id="attachment_4230" align="aligncenter" width="490" caption="Brings to mind images of delicate ballerinas, no?"][/caption]

In between tetherball games, I dug around in the pond looking for dragonfly nymphs and other pond dwellers.

There was a night hike and there were s'mores and a day hike to an old gold mine.  I even had a good quiet read by the creek.  I played ALL weekend and loved every second of it, but my hands down favorite thing was kickball.  It was so much fun.  Even though I was a teensy bit afraid of being hit by the ball.  Okay, I was petrified of being hit by the ball, but it was still an unholy amount of fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY6yRd1TxHY&feature=share

So grab a little kid, or a big kid for that matter, and go play!  Hey, you're still reading.  Go play.  No seriously, I'll be here when you get back.  Go play and then come back and tell me all about it.

1 comment:

Talk to me.