xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Summer Top Ten

April 29, 2009

Summer Top Ten

It's late at night and Letterman is on, so, here we go Top Ten style.

The Top Ten Reasons I'm Giddy For Summer

10.  I'm hoping to re-vamp my backyard a little bit so it feels more like an oasis and less like a slab of cement surrounded by dead plants.

9.  I'm heading to the NCWP Summer Institute again.  That means new ideas, new people, and time to reflect on my practice as a teacher.  Not to mention regular doses of Jon & Bon's.  Mmmmmm...

8.  After two weeks at the Institute, Terry and I head to Alaska with four of our friends.  We will mountain bike to justify eating unholy quantities of delicious food.  Then we'll take a zipline ride and throw it all up.

7.  Fourth of July will announce that it's birthday week for Terry and I.  I heart fireworks.

6.  On my birthday I head to Southern California to hang out with a few hundred of my favorite high schoolers, not to mention some of my dearest friends at Western States.

5.  I fly from Southern California to San Jose where I will meet up with Terry and The Rocket to ride 100 miles and show cancer exactly what I think of it.

4.  A few days later I fly to Arizona to participate in The Writing Project's National Retreat where I will soak up as much knowledge as I can in hopes that this bear of little brain can retain some of it.

3.  Five of my nieces and nephews will be spending a month in Redding.  I can't wait to squeeze, kiss and snuggle them all, especially the boys who pretend to hate all that mushy love stuff.  Deep down they love it.  Deep, deep down.

2.  In August I'll sit down for a second in my new and improved oasis, surrounded by dead plants, and laugh at the fact that I've once again failed to cure my brown thumb.

1.  Terry and I will celebrate another year together.  The best compliment I've ever received came in the form of two little words: I do.  The fact that he still does makes my heart full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.