xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: What's the punchline?

November 16, 2008

What's the punchline?

Two people walk into a bar.  At the bar are a dog, a baby and an Amish man.

On Saturday Terry and I met some of his co-workers at a local brewery to listen to a bluegrass band.  When we walked in we were greeted by the wagging tail of the owner's dog.  Directly in front of us was a man wearing Amish clothing and the gift of beard.  Seated at the table with the Amish guy was a woman with a baby.  It was very Sweet Home Alabama.  You know the scene where Reese Witherspoon's character sees an old friend and says "You have a baby...in a bar!"

Although I know nothing about bluegrass, I thoroughly enjoyed this band.  They had great harmonies and good stage presence.  It was a fun night, lacking only one thing: a punchline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.