xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Bathing Suit Season. Ugh.

February 13, 2009

Bathing Suit Season. Ugh.

Today I read a blog post ending with the phrase "It's going to be an interesting summer."  Summer?  What?  I checked to see if I'd accidentally clicked on archives or something.  Nope. February 10, 2009.  Just in case, I checked the date on my computer to see if I'd fallen into a coma and just happened to wake up the day after the last day of school.  Nope.  February 14, 2009.

The person preparing for an interesting summer resides in Chicago, and unless Chicago recently relocated to to Australia, it's not summer there either.  The wind, rain, hail and occasional snowflake have confirmed it's not summer here.

So this is the only rationale I can come up with:  She went to Target and saw the parade of neon bathing suits in the women's section and deduced that it must be summer.  I'm clueless as to why Target whips out the bathing suits the day after Christmas.  Really, how am I supposed to buy Christmas candy marked down a kajillion percent with bikinis staring me in the face?  It's all very confusing.

So, here's a little public service announcement to help everyone out.  Bathing suit season is not synonymous with summer.  Thank God.  The dry heat of the summer will come soon enough along with the daunting task of digging my bathing suit out of the bottom drawer.

I don't know about you, but I'm going to revel in piling on the sweaters, scarves, slippers, and blankets for as long as I can.  I'm going to cuddle up with good books, drink hot cocoa, slurp tomato soup for dinner, and ride my bike in air so crisp it turns my nose pink.  It's going to be an interesting winter.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Alicia. It's hard to fathom summer when it is frigid outside, with the wind blowing like, well a lot. Tomato Soup sounds perfect!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lynn,
    I'm guessing this is the perfect weather for knitting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is. I am making an absolutely stunning red red red scarf. I'm using baby alpaca yarn and this silky ribbon stuff that got so tangled up it took me hours to untangle it. Not so fun. But that's done, and now I'm just knitting away!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.