xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: That Laura is That Cool

February 12, 2009

That Laura is That Cool

Ok, I've mentioned my friend, That Laura, before.  Well, That Laura leaves for a bike tour of Vietnam in six days.  She and her father are going together.  On a tour of Vietnam on bicycles.  I know I already said that, but it's so cool it bears repeating.  A bike tour of Vietnam.  Ok, I'm done saying it.  I've really got to get a grip on my jealousy.

Because I will miss her while she's gone and also because if you think someone is awesome, you should tell them about their awesomeness publicly, I'm blogging about That Laura today.  Here are the top ten reasons Vietnam is lucky to host Laura for a few days:

10. Laura rode the STP without a team last year.  That's 200 miles in 2 days on her own, folks.

9. She recently adopted a cat.  The cat came with a name: Little Baby Jesus.  You just can't make stuff like that up.

8. She kayaks on the lake and isn't even afraid of sturgeon.

7. She takes me kayaking and doesn't make fun of me for being afraid of sturgeon.  Have you seen those things?  Those are some freaky looking dinosaur fish monsters!

6. She has an awesome movie theater bag.  It can hold a full Big Gulp and has ample candy space.

5. She seems to attract animals in need and always finds homes for them.

4. Laura is authentically nice.  This quality typically drives me nuts, but Laura's genuine nature is like a superpower.

3. Laura is one of those people who is up for anything.  Kayaking?  Yes.  Cycling?  You bet.  Movies?  Sure.  Games.  Yup.  Throwing bouncy balls from your bike?  Absolutely.  Whatever you've got on tap, Laura is game and happy to play.

2. She watches Scrubs and Flight of the Conchords.   I think sometimes TV compatibility is underrated in friendship.

1. Laura signed up for the LiveStrong ride so I won't have to ride alone.  Mathematically you would think that a team of two would be only be twice as great as a team of one.  As it turns out, it's an exponential math problem.  A team of two is like a hundred times better than a team of one.

So, Vietnam, take good care of That Laura while she's visiting.  On a bike tour.  With her dad.  Darn, there goes jealousy rearing her ugly head again.  Maybe I will have tamed my envy while she's on a bike tour.  With her dad.  In Vietnam.  Oh, I give up.

1 comment:

  1. I'm admittedly someone who kinda likes the shock value of things, so perhaps it's no surprise that I'm not as intensely jealous of the bike tour in Vietnam with the parent (though it sounds amazing) as I am of #9. I would relish being able to shout, preferably in front of guests, things like "Get the hell off the kitchen counter, Little Baby Jesus, before I wring your neck and feed you to the neighbor's pit bull!" Other revered people would work, too--Ghandi, MLKjr, Jackie Kennedy. Oh, the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.