xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: The Little Book That Could

May 31, 2009

The Little Book That Could



Once upon a time there was a teacher who loved writing.  (Yes, this story is about me.  Aren't they all?)  The teacher loved writing so much that she and her class wrote a book.  It was such a beautiful book that the teacher decided to use lulu.com to make it into a real, live book.  She convinced a photographer to snap some lovely pictures to accompany their words.  Her class raised enough money at the jog-a-thon for each student to have a copy of their very own, real live book.  The children beamed.  The teacher beamed.  The parents beamed.  They had done it, authored a book of their own.


Just when the teacher and her class thought they couldn't be happier, the teacher got an e-mail saying their little book was now going to be featured on amazon.com for all the world to see.  The students were thrilled that children in China , Moscow , and even the remote jungles of Sacramento would be able to read their book, Drumming Hearts and Rosy Lips.  I am now big and famous and poised to sign autographs.  Oh yeah, they all lived happily ever after.  The end.




2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Alicia!! Kudos to you and your class! You're doing pretty great at this writing thing, between the book & your blog posts. I look forward to your amusing musings :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Suzy. This summer I'm off to a writing retreat at a spa in Arizona. So that should give me some new writing ideas, too. I know, it's a rough life I lead. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.