xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #72

May 31, 2012

Thankful Thursday #72


This week I'm thankful for...
  • the mom who says, "Of course." each and every time I ask for her help
  • the mom who speaks and moves with gentleness, reminding me to do the same
  • the family who prays for me every night
  • the father who sought me out at church last Sunday to tell me what a privilege it was to have their son in my class and then bear hugged me.  Twice.
  • the grandmother and aunt who emailed me letting me know how our class musical gave their little one a time to shine when she most needed it, when the family needed something happy
  • the grandmother who left a voicemail for my administrator telling him that I'm turning children into writers
  • the father who came to school early to thank me for instilling confidence in his son
  • the family who tells me they love me every time I see them.  From the grandmother right down to the children, they end each conversation with, "We love you, Mrs. McCauley."
  • the father who peacefully agreed to disagree with me because he wants to show his son what respect for authority looks like
  • all the parents who gave of their time every week to love my little ones
As I go into the last couple of days of school, my heart is filled with gratitude and love for these little ones and their parents who have made me feel like a member of their families.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Especially the one about you turning children into writers :)

    I've been thinking about you and your class a lot this past year as I have been contemplating focusing my energy from environmental education into classroom education. I got a position next year as a full time Teaching Assistant in a 5th grade classroom and I am so excited!

    Where have you gotten your best writing activities to do with kids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Katie! That's awesome! ALL of my best writing instruction stems from my time with colleagues in the Northern California Writing Project, the closest chapter of the National Writing Project. I'll Facebook you a link to the Oregon Writing Project, based out of Portland. The more time you can spend with them, the better! Perhaps you can even attend their summer institute if it's not too late!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up, Alicia! I will definitely check them out :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.