xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Becoming

January 1, 2009

Becoming

When I was growing up, I wrote poetry all the time.  I'm talking every single day, sometimes several poems a day.  It's not that they were revolutionary works of wordsmithing, but I loved poetry.  I loved it so much that I had to write it or I would think of nothing else that day.  So in the spirit of making room for things I desire in my life and pushing towards the person I'd like to become, I dusted off my old friend, the cinquain.  The syllabic pattern of a cinquain is 2, 4, 6, 8, 2.  For me the beauty of the cinquain is that I'm forced to think about word choice.  Here are a pair of cinquains on becoming.  Here's to a new year full of becoming what you most want to be!

Becoming Undone

Red eyes

Tears slip slide down

Wet bombs breaking my heart

Sobs echo, ghosts of love vanished

Undone

Becoming Stronger

Pushing

Endless circles

Sweat trickles, breath explodes

Weakness flees, strength prevails reaching

The crest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.