xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: The Friday Fairies

January 8, 2009

The Friday Fairies

I love, love, love Fridays.  Yes, I get that everyone loves Fridays because the next day is Saturday, but that's not what I'm talking about.  The Friday Fairies descend on me.  Several types of Friday Fairies will you make harbor vast amounts of jealousy for my Fridays.

1)  The Evil Wardrobe Fairy, who convinces me I have nothing to wear Monday through Thursday, is nowhere to be found on Friday.  It's school color day.  I don't have to think about what to wear.  I pick a green shirt/sweater/blouse/top/whatever and throw it over a pair of pants.  Done.

2)  The Coffee Fairy (aka my principal) provides coffee and goodies for staff in the staff room Friday mornings.  I don't always make it in, but I like knowing it's there.  On cold mornings he sometimes stands out by the parking lot and gives hot chocolate to parents.  Yes, he is real.  Yes, I know how lucky I am.

3)  The Writing Fairy magically makes everything click.  Most of my students have finished up assigned writing pieces and are now working on self-selected topics.  It's great to see them putting all the lessons to use.

4)  The Parent Volunteer Fairies flit into my class.  One makes all of my copies for the next week.  The copy room is nuts on Fridays and he saves me oodles of time.  Three more come and lead math games in the afternoon.  Yes, I'm lucky.  And I'm spoiled.  And I know it.

5)  The Little Lunch Fairies visit.  Friday is Lunch Bunch.  This is lunch in the classroom with my kids.  Time without agenda just to be with them and hear about what's going on is a precious part of my week.

6)  The Housekeeping Fairy sneaks in every other Friday.  I come home to a sparkling clean abode.  She even puts my shoes in rows.

7)  The Sleep Fairy comes early.  Friday night usually means time with my hubby.  Bad TV, a comfy couch, and me drooling on his shoulder as I drift off to sleep at 9:30 is bliss.

Hope your Friday is full of visits from all the best fairies!

6 comments:

  1. Ha! No early sleep fairies for you. Thanks again,

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    And you're going to make me get up early on Sunday to ride. Oh wait, that was my idea. No rest for the wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia, I love reading your blog, though it does make me remember how much fun we had hanging out with you guys :( I am super jealous of your housecleaning fairy. Wish I could find one of those for me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kim,
    What a great surprise to hear from you! We miss you guys, too. I love reading your blog and seeing how much Dylan has grown. He has the best smile. I can't believe baby number two is on the way. What an exciting time for you and Jason. We love you guys and I hope to hear more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I"m with Peter. I want a housecleaning fairy. I deserve one. Hmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn,
    You definitely deserve a housekeeping fairy. She is WONDERFUL. It's freeing not spending weekends cleaning. I can ride, read, write and actually just think. My hubby pokes fun at me because he says when I'm thinking, I stare like Puddy from Seinfeld. Whatever. Actually having time to just think is rich. Like dark chocolate rich.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.