xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: I love...

February 12, 2010

I love...

Sometimes after a challenging day at work I need to remember that there really is a lot to like in this world, a lot to love even.  This was one of those days and so turning the corner into this blissful three day weekend, I'm focusing on the parts of my life I love.  It is not a comprehensive list by any stretch of the imagination.  In fact, I'm going to come back and add more over the weekend.  I hope you'll let me know about all the things you love in the comments section.

I love the smell of Terry just out of the shower, wrapped in steam with stray drips of water still behind his ears.

I love when we're laying in bed and Terry reaches over and touches my leg, acknowledging I'm there with him.

I love the steady beat of my heart.

I love reading blogs in the morning before work to see how friends in other parts of the world are starting the day.

I love tucking under a blanket with a good book as the rain streams down my windows.

I love riding my bike the long way up to Shasta Dam just because I can.

I love the pink casing on my bike that matches my jersey and my water bottles.

I love going to church and closing my eyes to worship.

I love praying with Terry as we part ways in the morning.

I love when my nephew begs for more tickles and kisses me with crackers in his mouth.

I love when one of my students says "I love writing."

I love eating summer blackberries from my backyard.

I love writing.

I love writing so much I'm putting it on the list twice.

I love talking to other teachers about how to foster young writers.

I love visiting new places, but I love coming home even more.

I love Abby and her candy drawer.

I love Nick because he believes I'm a better person than I really am.

I love my Gramma because she understands the worst parts of my life and doesn't judge me for them.

I love green vegetables.

I love when my principal has my back.

I love my grade level team for making me a better teacher.

I love my home.

I love burritos.

I love parasailing over the turquoise Caribbean ocean.

I love the Olympics.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Alicia, what a lovely challenge you've provided. I think I will make my own blog post about this. For now I will say that I too love writing, and I love my friends who get how much someone can love writing. I love taking pictures of the sky. I'm like an obsessive sky photographer. I love my children and my grandchildren. I even love it when my granddaughter gets mad at me because I make her turn off the TV. We have a little fight and then stop and have fun together. And I love your blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.