xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Top 10 Pumpkin Patch Phrases

October 29, 2010

Top 10 Pumpkin Patch Phrases


Fall is a magical time of year and no day is more magic filled than the day I head to the pumpkin patch with my class.  Yesterday was that day and as I sat at home looking at the mud on my shoes and pant cuffs, I couldn't help but smile at the things that passed from the lips of my little ones.


10. "We're finally here!  I've been waiting my whole life to get here!"


9. After jumping on the bounce pillow "I think I bounced all my bounces out."


8. "I'm picking a pumpkin for my mom because she's the only one in our family who doesn't have one yet."


7. "Mrs. McCauley, it's starting to rain." said one of my little boys with a worried look.  "It's just a little sprinkle.  Don't let it ruin your day." I patted his back.  "It would take a lot of sprinkles to ruin a day like this!" he smiled.


6. On being the one of one hundred children picked to wave the bandana that starts the pig races "Farmer Betsy May must have known it was my birthday yesterday and that I wished to do something special."


5. "Where does corn come from?" asked a little girl. "See those tall stalks growing over there?  Those are cornstalks." I pointed. "Wait, corn is a plant?!?" she said with her mouth agape.


4. After firing the corn cannon and accidentally hitting a cow "I'm sorry cow.  Do you forgive me?"  Sadly the cow did not respond and so my little one shrugged and said "Well, I tried."


3. On having fingers licked by a goat "He has the most tickly lips!"


2. One of my little boys patted a rotting pumpkin and said "It's okay that you're old.  It's your turn to return to the earth and make new pumpkins."


1. Upon seeing ponies in the field, one of my little girls squealed "Oooh, ponies!  I love ponies.  When I grow up, I want to be one."

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I just stopped by to visit your blog and thought I'd say thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.