xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: My Christmas List

December 18, 2008

My Christmas List

No, this isn't a list of stuff I want.  I don't want anything, so that would be a really brief and completely boring list.  No, this is a different kind of list.  Christmas vacation is less than 20 hours away and this is my list of things to do on vacation.  It's not a list to ooh and aah over.  There's no skydiving or marathon running, but I'm darn proud of it anyway.

1.  Wear my pajamas until the last possible minute everyday.  I think I'll alternate between the snowman ones and my flannel One Fish, Two Fish jammies.  I fully plan on topping them off with my fuzzy pink robe and disgusting slippers.  Totally hot.

2.  Go to the used book store and grab an armload of books to read.  I'm in the middle of Ghost Trails about a girl who cycled the Iditarod.  How cool is she?  Next on my list are Gilead and Love In The Driest Season.  Obviously I need more than that in my stack.  Any suggestions?

3.  Eat breakfast for dinner.  I love brinner.  Cheerios and bananas, veggie omelets, sweetmilks, waffles, Terry's vanilla pancakes.  It's all good no matter what time of day.

4.  Start another burrito streak.  I could eat a burrito every single day.  In fact, I once did for more than forty days in a row.  My favorite burrito includes black beans, refried beans, shredded cabbage, avocado, sour cream, and a sprinkle of cheese.  Delish.  I heart burritos.

5.  Ride my bike.  A lot.  This weekend I'm riding up to beautiful Igo.  Who knows where else I'll ride.  It doesn't matter.

6.  Go to the movies at least three times.  On my list are The Boy In The Striped Pajamas, Seven Pounds, Yes Man, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.  Looks like I'll have to buy a ton of Sour Patch Kids.

7.  Watch all of my favorite Christmas movies, including Love Actually, While You Were Sleeping and A Charlie Brown Christmas.

8.  Sit in the hot tub and read without dropping my book in the water.  History is not in my favor.  If you've ever borrowed a book from me, chances are the pages were all wrinkly and fanned out from a dunk or two.  This is why I buy books instead of checking them out from the library.

9.  Get rid of as much stuff as possible.  Terry and I take great pleasure in making a mountainous pile of stuff for UCP.  If we haven't worn/used/watched/needed something for a year, it's out.  Exceptions are memorabilia, our wedding china, and books.  If you come over to visit, I suggest you don't stand still for too long or you might be accidentally tossed into the pile.

10.  Write.  The thought of having two weeks in a row when I can write whenever I want is making me giddy!  I'm home alone and I just giggled out loud at the mere thought of it.

Now it's your turn.  What's on your list?

5 comments:

  1. Well, my list is an upcoming blog post in itself, so you'll have to check my Reduction Physics blog (http://casimira.wordpress.com) for that one. I am so ready! As for book recommendations, I recommend "Run" by Ann Patchett, "Love Walked In" by Marisa de los Santos and anything by Lisa See. Just for starters. If you need more, just ask. It's kind of like candy for me. Bottomless pit of recommendations! See you.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Your making a list like this and asking others for their list is like a meme. Did you already know that? Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Lynn,
    Thanks for the recommendations. Good suggestions and I can't wait to scour my favorite used bookshop for them.

    Not to be daft, but what's a meme?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you would have watching your fav nephew on your list. He might only be 1 but he is one fun 1 year old. He also likes to stay in his pj's all day,eat's Cheerios for dinner snack or whenever he can get his little finger's on them, and sour patch kid's he love's them. But he is a Wheeler we all love sour patch kid's!! As far as the hot tub prob not but a bubble bath it's game on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The definition of a meme seems sort of vague. Here is a link that explains what it is:
    http://thedailymeme.com/what-is-a-meme/

    I think it's like someone makes a blog post (your CHristmas list) and then someone else does the same on their blog, and invites others to do the same, and it spreads around. Sort of copycatting on overdrive, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.