xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Gummy Sharks and Priests

December 5, 2008

Gummy Sharks and Priests

This is a snippet from the time we spent waiting in the airport on our way to Mexico.  Gummy sharks are not good breakfast candy.  Those poor priests.

I'm in the airport waiting for the fog to lift and our flight to board.  Just in front of me are two priests dressed in full black with the white collars and everything.  So cool.  Where are they going?  What are they doing?  One priest is reading a book.  What book is it?  Something scandalous?  What would they do if I sat down and pulled out my laundry list of recent sins?  I'm sure I've committed at least eight this morning alone.  I'm trying to make eye contact, but they are skilled at evasive eye maneuvers.  I am now staring intently at the reading priest.  It's becoming a tad uncomfortable.  That girl right next to him is SO lucky, but she's too engrossed in her book to even notice.  Ok, more staring.  Nothing.  Obviously my mental powers have been altered by the gummy sharks I ingested for breakfast a few minutes ago.  Wait!  The priests are getting up and moving away to other seats.  The gummy sharks have obviously sent my mental powers into overdrive.  Come back, white collars, come back!  Terry has cut me off from the gummy sharks.  I am thinking bad thoughts about him.  Darn, make that nine things to repent for this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Obviously the gummy sharks are prime food for telepathic power sharpening. I bet if they'd wanted to know (obviously they were trying hard NOT to know) your sins, they could have even absolved you of them by the same telepathicity. Too bad for them. They missed a prime opportunity to practice their skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn,
    Maybe I should have offered the priests some sharks? Did you get the mint M&M's yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did. They are sort of unsatisfying, though. Way big and with such a thick shell. I only managed to choke down about half a bag. What a sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.