xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Candy-gram? No. Pizza guy? No. Landshark Socks? Yes!

December 27, 2008

Candy-gram? No. Pizza guy? No. Landshark Socks? Yes!

This Christmas, I received things in pairs.  For example, I received two homemade scarves.  I am now the lucky beholder of gift certificates to two different bike shops.  In my stocking were two pairs of socks and a pair of necklaces.  My mom even gave me a ornament of A Partridge In A Pear Tree.  Ok, it's a stretch, but I'm the one writing this, so it counts.

The thing I'd like to talk about today are the socks.  Both pairs were stocking stuffers from Terry.  One pair were made of read and green soft, fuzzy goodness, perfect bedtime socks.  The other pair of socks are the best pair of socks ever created.

Before I tell you more about the socks, let's talk about my favorite times of the year.  To start with, I love the week of 4th of July.  That is the week Terry and I both celebrate our birthdays and I volunteer with Youth to Youth.  I also enjoy the week of Easter vacation.  Not only do I enjoy the days off, but it is a time for me to reflect on my relationship with God.  Another favorite time of year is the week of our anniversary.  The fact that my favorite person in the world has stuck with me for another year is pretty amazing shocking.  But there is one week that is in a whole other category.  I'm not saying it's better than those other weeks, I'm just saying it's worthy of it's own special category.

The week I'm talking about is, of course, Shark Week.  During Shark Week my DVR just about faints from exhaustion.  I am mesmerized by sharks.  Fierce white tips, fat nurse sharks, powerful great whites.  I am in awe of them all.  My hair could catch on fire and I wouldn't even notice that my scalp was singeing because I'd be too busy watching Great Whites propel themselves straight into the air, hunting the playful inhabitants of Seal Island.  From their ultra-sensitive noses to their rows and rows of teeth, I am an unabashed shark superfan.

So back to the socks I got for Christmas.  Let me tell you what makes these the King of All Socks.  To begin with, they are cycling socks.  That in itself makes them far better than all other types of socks.  Secondly, they are made by The Sock Guy, creator of awesome cycling socks.  The Sock Guy must also be a fan of Shark Week because these socks have sharks on them!  Strike that.  These socks are sharks.  Great White Sharks.  The toe is the nose.  On the ankle is the fin.  And the mouth on the underside is full of pointy teeth.  Just in case you're still not getting the greatness of these socks, here they are in full predatory action!

Can't you just hear the Jaws music playing?  These are by far the most ferocious socks I've ever seen.  Surely, they will make me a more ferocious cyclist, too.  Sharks have to continuously move forward.  Otherwise they die.  As I'm chugging up hills, I will have sharks on my feet.  My feet will have to keep pedaling, if only out of mortal fear.  SNL had it right.  Landsharks are the best and most clever of all the shark species.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely shark, I mean sharp socks. I'm envious.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Speaking of making your blog my own, I Googled "Voluntary Simplicity" which led me to a blog called "Adventures in Voluntary Simplicity" (Some people get really radical about it don't they?) which led me to a whole list of rather interesting blogs written by strippers and sex workers. Not sure about the connection, except the simple guy likes 'em I guess. A foray into a new sort of blog for me! I found a great vicarious interest in reading them. What's that say about me? Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, Lynn! Sounds like you had a strange trip into cyberspace! I hope 2009 is full of many more, less scary trips!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.