xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #21

April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday #21

This week I'm thankful for...

  • my grade level partners who always have my back

  • parents of current and former students who intrinsically seem to know when I need to hear that I'm doing a good job

  • our school librarian for saying I'm the perfect teacher for my most challenging student

  • my husband for encouraging me to always listen to my heart when it comes to doing what is best for children

  • my sixth grade student TA who looked at our dragonfly nymphs and said "Isn't it amazing that something so ugly turns into something so beautiful?"  Exactly.

  • pedicures

  • dates with my mom

  • The Sound of Music, which always makes me tear up at least a little, especially at the lyric "I go to the hills when my heart is lonely."

  • reading solely for the pleasure of it

  • lazy Saturdays when I read nap and Terry watches baseball naps, too

  • warm rain that compels Terry to usher me outside to smell it

  • the small window each week wherein all the laundry is washed and put away and the laundry hamper is empty

  • walking home from church under a sky of thunderheads that held off the rain long enough for me to make it home

  • the little boy who brought his skateboard in as his "Mostest special thing, ever, in the world.  Ever."

  • my darling former student who brought her bunny by after school so I could "finally meet him".  Henry the Bunny is now my favorite bunny.  Although chocolate bunnies are a close second.

  • this clip from 365grateful.com


[vimeo 13731354 w=400 h=225]

3 comments:

  1. I like the smell of the approaching rain, but can't find words to describe it because it's like- and there is no like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dates with your Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.