xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thinking Spring

April 15, 2011

Thinking Spring

April is National Poetry Month and although the first day of Spring was nearly a month ago, it feels like Spring is just now arriving.  So here's a little poem to celebrate the fact that maybe, just maybe winter is finally giving way.

Thinking Spring

The sign outside my front door reads 'Think Spring'.

In the breath of summer, that leaves me cracked and dry,

And in the fall, when bouquets of colors fall at my feet,

But especially when the cold song of winter whistles through the crack of my front door,

I'm thinking about all that is secreted away, tucked in and waiting to bloom,

All that is just waiting for wind's warm whisper that Spring has arrived.

1 comment:

  1. I can tell when it's spring in Miami. That's when it is a cool 300 degrees as opposed to summer when it is 500 degrees. Fall is also about 300 degrees and winter is 200 degrees.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.