xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #20

April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday #20

This week I'm thankful for...

  • new shoes that feel comfortable from the first wear

  • my little one who brought his hamster, Mr. Beans, to school on his special sharing day.  The kids squealed and cheered when the boy took Mr. Beans out of his box.  Mr. Beans then spent the next hour scared stiff.  Poor Mr. Beans will never be the same!

  • another little one who brought his pet, Lilly the Tortoise, to share.  Lilly has impeccable timing and pooped just as the boy was lifting her out of her box.  The class started shrieking in horror as the poop plopped into the box.  Poor first graders will never be the same.  I on the other hand, had to stifle my giggles.  Potty humor slays me.

  • the rare bike ride where my legs feel like they could go forever

  • talking to my brothers on the phone and dreaming about a big bike adventure together.  What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, except when I post pictures on my blog.  Brothers, consider yourselves warned.

  • these magical words from the pharmacist "I've got that on hand.  Your prescription will be ready in a few minutes."  My sinuses thank you, kind sir.

  • the little boy in my class who wore his "I'm a Big Brother" sticker all weekend and just had to wear it to school Monday

  • the sound of my neighborhood in spring.  Children play outside, wind chimes ting-a-ting-ting on gust of barbecue scented wind.  Spring is here and not a moment too soon.

  • the fact that it's week 20 and I still have so much to be grateful for.  I hope the same is true for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.