xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #22

April 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday #22

This week I'm thankful for...

  • turning off my alarm clock for the week

  • Good Friday service

  • Easter Sunday when the rain stopped and the clouds parted in time for church outside

  • the hymn In Christ Alone because it brings me to tears every time I hear it

  • riding my bike with girlfriends Easter afternoon

  • hearing the 5:30am train echoing up from the valley and realizing I can go back to sleep for as long as I want

  • reading in bed in the morning

4 comments:

  1. I'm retired. The only need for alarm clock is to wake up from nap to cook for my parents. No more 5:30 rings ever again. And no more Sunday night into Monday morning anxiety and blues. The only problem is ya gotta wait till your 60's. In Florida teachers get paid 10 months but you could opt to spread it over 12 so you could have income in summer and not worry about summer school job ever again and no alarm clock for 10 weeks then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Christ Alone is my favorite hymn! My girlfriends and I rate hymns/choir music by the goosebump factor. The more goosebumps you get, the better the song. That one is full-body goosebumps, usually with a few tears :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm very much looking forward to no alarm clock this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, the last time I'd heard In Christ Alone was at my grandmother's church on Easter Sunday, mere days after she passed away. It has always been one of my favorite hymns, but now has an extra special meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.