xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #26

May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday #26



This week I'm thankful for...

  • days when I'm organized enough to leave school shortly after my students

  • when the mailbox has something good in it like a magazine or a package

  • the Northern California Writing Project and the opportunities they give me to learn and collaborate with my colleagues

  • nights when I don't dream about school and the well-rested mornings that follow

  • Q Tips.  I don't care that they're not intended for my ears or that in putting them in my ears I may somehow puncture my brain.  I love the feeling of cleaning out my ears.

  • getting all four of the hotel pillows to myself

  • television finales and the return of summer shows

  • my husband, who attended our class musical dress rehearsal and said lovely things about my children

  • the looks on the faces of my little ones as they performed our class musical for their loved ones

  • teachers being moved to first grade this year who are comfortable enough in their own skin to ask for help

  • the opportunity to share what I love with other teachers

  • wearing my flannel pajamas, slippers and winter robe in May

1 comment:

Talk to me.