xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #16

March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday #16

This week I'm thankful for...

  • bike rides with friends

  • my new little one who wrote this in his notebook "I'm thankful for my home."  Makes me wonder if there is a place for Thankful Thursdays in my classroom.  Hmmm...

  • my little one who wrote this about her mom "She is pretty like white, shiny milk.  She is so beautiful, I can't believe it.  It knocks me down how much I love her."  Her mom recently had brain surgery.  I'm pretty sure those are the kinds of words that lend speed to recovery.

  • the parents of my little ones who took time at our parent teacher conferences to thank me and tell me how much their children love being a part of our class.  Those words sink down deep and warm my heart.

  • my little girl who told me in a moment of quiet exclaimed "I love math!  No, wait-I love reading!  No, wait-I love writing!"

  • outside recess

  • outside recess.  I know I mentioned it twice.  Trust me, this week I was doubly thankful for it.

  • my husband who offered to make me dinner after a particularly rough day

  • books that are so good, I can't put them down.  If only I could force myself to stay awake a little longer at night to read them!

  • my little one who brought in $10 of her own money to donate to our change drive for the local rescue mission.  Her mother, touched her daughter's generosity, matched it dollar for dollar.

5 comments:

  1. This touched my heart this week :) I mean, they do every time, but this week was especially wonderful. Your students sound so special!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have a gift in telling a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Most of the time the stories tell themselves and I just write them down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Katie. They are a special group of kids, something I needed to remember this week as some of them showed their more challenging side this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to mail handwritten letters to parents telling them "how WELL" their child was doing. I sent it out the strategic 1st week of December, so upon returning from winter break I never had a misconduct problem rest of term!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.