xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #17

March 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday #17

This week I'm thankful for...

  • the scent of rain on warm asphalt

  • the attitude of my little one who accidentally poked himself in the eye with a fork at lunch.  He was completely fine and when I asked him how it happened, he shrugged and replied "I aimed for the peas and missed."  I'll say.

  • meals with friends

  • the book of Esther

  • a fresh haircut

  • bike rides so challenging that I'm left stripped bare at the end, knowing I gave everything I had, and by some miracle, it was enough

  • hearing Dr. Maya Angelou speak.  It was a night I'll treasure always.  And because I will never look at rainbows the same again.  And because you weren't able to join me that night.  And because you deserve a little more poetry in your life, here she is.  I thought of giving you just a morsel to chew on, but who am I to be so selfish.  So click on the picture below and while it takes you to the site starts loading, get yourself a cup of tea, throw a blanket around your shoulders and get ready to enjoy this 42 minute master class with Maya Angelou.  Don't tell me you don't have that kind of time.  Make the time.  I assure you, her words will speak to the most joyful and the most tender places in your heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.