xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: On Style: Part 2

March 9, 2011

On Style: Part 2

In fulfillment of my reign as an Award Winning Stylish Blogger, I hereby pass on the Badge of Style to some of my blogging friends.

1.  Meet Robbin, a fellow teacher.  Robbin and I met a couple of summers ago at the Writing Project Summer Institute.  We're both passionate about finding ways to make writing real and meaningful to our students.  Robbin teaches high school and, wait for it, she loves it.  There should be special blessings in Heaven for high school teachers.  Robbin's blog Searching is fairly new, but when Robbin writes, she cuts right to the heart of things.  Her word choice leaves me amazed and when she writes, she is so vulnerable and raw.  It takes a beautiful mix of bravery and humility to write like that.  Go there now because when Robbin becomes a hugely famous and beloved author, you can say you knew her when.  Read this post.  And this one, too.  Then keep going back for more.

2.  Up next is my dear friend, Emily.  A few years ago Emily was a special needs aide for one of my precious little ones.  We've been friends ever since, which is saying something because she's a runner and I'm a cyclist, making us enemies by law.  But if the farmers and the cowboys can be friends, then so can we.  Emily's blog design is beautiful and creative.  Just like her.  She posts about her work with children, but it's her posts about wrestling with her faith that keep me reading.  Emily took up the Thirty Days of Thanks Challenge with me and continues to post Thankful Thursdays.  Visit her at Daydream Believer and read my favorite Thankful Thursday post.  It includes Chuck Norris.  'Nuf said.

3. Allow me to introduce you to Katie.  Katie and I met a couple of years ago when we spent a week one summer volunteering at a Youth to Youth leadership conference.  We spent the week with a few hundred of our favorite teenagers.  What I love about Katie's blog, Finding Bliss, is that she takes me along with her to beautiful corners of San Francisco.  Be sure to check out her post on doing yoga inside Grace Cathedral.

4.  Frequent commenter and fellow Writing Project friend, lynnjake, has a great 365 iPhone photo blog going on.  The idea of taking a photo a day for an entire year sounds torturous to me, but it's second nature to Lynn.  She's one of those people who has creativity coming out of her pores.  I love her quest to find beauty in everyday life.  It's hard for me to choose a favorite photo because Lynn always posts shots that surprise and delight me, but this shot of snow clouds rolling in leaves me scratching my head and wondering how I can get my iPhone camera to behave like hers.

5.  Carli over at Positively Pleasant is my last Stylish Blogger recipient.  I've known Carli since she was a teenager.  Even then she had a style all her own.  She's all grown up now with a husband, scads of darling little girls, and a blog.  Way back in September she cranked out a post called Losing My Cool that still resonates with me today.  I aspire to lose my cool in such a lovely way.

These women inspire me to find beauty and comfort in my own skin.  And to me that's the epitome of style.

3 comments:

  1. What thoughtful and intriguing descriptions. I'm just breezing through this evening, but I plan on visiting your wonderful suggested blogs soon. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks so much Alicia. You are truly a gift. Can't wait to check out all the other stylish blogs :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.