xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Celebration: Day 15, Bike Humor

July 15, 2011

30 Days of Celebration: Day 15, Bike Humor

I know I've written a lot about my LiveStrong Davis ride, but as my brain returned to its happy spongy state I started to remember funny things from the day of the ride.  So today I'm celebrating the fact that even when I'm in the hollows of a major Pain Cave, there's still room for a good laugh.

Lance Armstrong started off the ride by talking to us a little about LiveStrong.  The team Fatty mention and the idea of turning LiveStrong HQ into a pie shop made me smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XPTA8FW9acw

The ride was on Terry's birthday and the night before I'd decorated his number with birthday stickers so that during the ride Terry had to hear "Happy birthday!" over and over again.  Did I mention Terry hates it when people make any sort of deal about his birthday?



Then there was the guy who had a mohawk glued on his helmet.  I'd talked to him at several points during the ride, but the most memorable was when I ran into him at a water stop.  He noticed that my 'good for one free beer' tab was tearing off my ride number.  I told him it wasn't a big deal because I don't drink.  Without even hesitating he said "Well, you don't have to beg me to take it!"  and ripped it off.  I thanked him for taking care of it for me.  He nodded his mohawk in my direction and sped off saying something like "I'm here to serve."

After the ride I was gobbling down apple pie when Carlos, a hilarious Fatty from New York, told how he hung with the fast group until the hills where he was ejected like "peloton diarrhea".  Bike humor and potty humor all wrapped up in a nice little package.  Comic genius.

4 comments:

  1. About Terry's ride number...
    Watch out, Terry is a pretty smart guy who might pay you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new header and layout! I needed the "you are beautiful" today...simply because I'm feeling down about leaving New England and a dear friend whom I will miss terribly. Thanks for the pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Heidi. Following doctor's orders to lay low this week made me a little stir crazy, so I did a little re-design. The header is a picture I snapped of the river trail I ride often. Someone spray painted "You are beautiful" twice on the trail. I smile every time I ride by it. It's always hard to leave the people and places we love, isn't it? I'm so glad my picture could offer you a little levity.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.