xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #30

July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday #30

Hello, blog friends.  It's good to be back with you.  I've been away because my family arrived for a reunion.  There were about 35 of us and I'm afraid Redding will never be the same!

This week I'm thankful for...

  • hot showers.  I've caught a bit of a summer cold and nothing feels better than a hot shower in the morning.

  • my big, crazy family

  • my mom, for gathering my big, crazy family together in one place

  • kayaking with my eleven year old nephew, Ryan.  We saw bald eagle in a nest and he couldn't stop saying "This is awesome!".  I love him for that.





  • my little brother, Pete,  who drove 11 hours to make it to our family reunion.  We rode up to Shasta Dam Sunday morning and it was beautiful.




  • Terry for bringing my roses on my birthday and for not complaining that I wanted to go to a local greasy spoon and have brinner for my birthday meal.

  • my friend, Abby, for making me this awesome birthday cake.  Yes, she made the bicycle, too.  And it was Funfetti cake.  Best birthday cake ever.




  • my second cousin, Jack, who sang the cutest version of Happy Birthday to me about ten times yesterday.  He also gave me lots of birthday kisses, including one on the armpit.  Did I mention he's two?

  • all my friends and family who donated to LiveStrong on my behalf.  I'm $90 from my fundraising goal.  Fingers crossed that I reach it by Saturday.  Fingers and toes crossed that I make it across the finish line Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your birthday was wonderful. I'm happy to hear that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lynn. It was a great way to start a brand new year.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.