xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #37

September 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday #37

[caption id="attachment_4847" align="alignright" width="216" caption="image courtesy of clccharter.org"][/caption]

Oops!  I thought I set this to publish yesterday.  Here's Thankful Thursday on a Friday. 

This week I'm thankful for...

  • riding with the top down

  • my curly hair

  • skirts because it's just too blasted hot for pants

  • the little boy who wrote this for our August weather summary.  "Mostly sunny.  I like Mrs. McCauley.  She is nice.  I like school."  Yep, that about sums up the weather, both inside and outside of the classroom

  • my little one who brought an encyclopedia bookmarked to the page on Nudibranchs for N day.  Who knew sea slugs could be so beautiful.  I heart word nerds.

  • the fact that I have 364 more days until SweatFest Back to School Night comes around again

  • my parent volunteers, especially the ones who don't even have kids in my class anymore and still come and help

5 comments:

  1. I love nudibranchs! Even more, I love that a first grader would like them, too. You can tell your little one that this biology teacher thinks that showing the class nudibranchs for N day was the coolest thing ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like seeing your "Thankful Thursday" posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart word nerds, too. I'm trying to get back to a regular habit of reading. Maybe I'm still on school year time and this is the beginning of a better effort. I've missed your Thankful Thursdays and, in fact, was just thinking of them this morning.

    I came out of the gym and there was an old, sweet Golden Retriever sitting in the back of an SUV waiting for his/her owner to come out of the gym. I was so grateful for the place I live, where dogs are people, too. Happy new school year and congratulations on surviving Back to School Night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Hippie. Be sure and let me know if you read anything good. I'm in a bit of a book dry spell. And good for you for going to the gym. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi, I knew you'd appreciate the nudibranchs! This kid is the coolest. She is wicked smart and curious and kind and kind and funny. Kind of the dream kid. She is going to be a TON of fun to teach and I'm sure she'll be tickled when I tell her how impressed you were. Gotta love moments like that!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.