xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #39

September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday #39

[caption id="attachment_4899" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Julie Andrews is one of my favorite things."][/caption]

This week I'm thankful for...

  • the little one who brought me a bag of nectarines, freshly picked from the tree in her yard that morning.  She always brings me flowers or fruit, offerings from her yard.  It touches me to know that she thinks of me when she's at home.

  • watching The Sound of Music in the park.  I've seen it, oh, probably 100 times.  I met a friend there and this was her first viewing.  I was so glad to watch it with her.

  • my little one who saw me across the playground before school and ran full speed, arms and legs flailing, just to say hi and get a hug.  What a great way to start the day.

  • watching my little ones sand and hammer pencil boxes together as part of a Home Depot project.  They were so proud of their work.

  • driving with Terry in the MINI with the top down

  • the movie Stranger than Fiction.  Some movies just get better with each viewing and this is one of them.

  • playing Parcheesi with Terry.  Strike that, we have the knock-off version.  I'm thankful for playing Pachisi with Terry.

  • my friend and former parent, Mandy, who volunteers her time in my class to help my twins with special needs.  She is just the kind of person they need right now and I'm touched that she would devote her time to these sweet boys of mine.

  • 2 of my other former parents who sought me out specifically to see if I needed any help in class.  The answer is a big resounding YES!  I'm thankful for you, Kim and Melody!

  • my former student teacher who stopped by to see me at lunch today.  I'm just so proud of her!

  • cozying up under the covers and watching a lightning storm out my bedroom window

  • reading Thundercake by Patricia Polacco to my class the next day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.