xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #74

July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday #74

This week I'm thankful for...
  • my husband who loves me so well
  • messages from my Ugandan children & friends
  • blackberries fresh from the backyard
  • my friend who is walking with integrity through a refining time when her integrity is being questioned.  You know who you are and I'm thankful for you.
  • reading in bed
  • my washing machine.  I never did get very good at washing my clothes by hand.
  • sleeping in my own bed
  • time spent reconnecting with friends
  • mint iced tea
  • my skin that is three shades browner because it reminds me of my Ugandan children
  • my brilliant friend Jenna who posted this on Facebook today "Love now. Speak now. Follow now. You have great influence. Use what you've been given. Be brave."
  • the new album 'Young Man Follow' by Future of Forestry.  I never, ever buy whole albums.  After listening to song samples, I bought this whole album and I LOVE it.  Be warned, when you buy this album, you will want to swallow it in big gulps and not consume any other music for a while.  Your happy finger will just keep hitting the replay button.  My favorite song is 'Love Be Your Mantra' and here's my favorite part of my favorite song:
And you tasted grace, kindness too
My friend you’ll know what hands and feet will do


Take what you’re granted
Love be your mantra
Take what you’re handed
Love be your mantra


1 comment:

  1. Thanks to you for sharing. I'm glad you made it back safely and with such tremendous growth in your soul. You still don't scare me.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.