xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #75

July 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday #75

Painting by Omuny
This week I'm thankful for...
  • pink eye.  No seriously, I'm thankful that I have it now in the summer when I don't have to write sub plans.
  • dresses with leggings
  • quiet time
  • catching up with friends
  • 75 weeks of gratitude.  I can't believe this is my 75th Thankful Thursday.  They've gone by quickly because I have so very much to be thankful for.
  • my old friends who have mourned with me this week
  • Enjoy magazine for featuring an article (p. 52-53) on the importance of authentic writing instruction and the work I do with the Northern California Writing Project.  It's an important time to recognize the value of meaningful instruction.  Thanks, Enjoy magazine and writer Claudia Mosby for taking a stand for education.
  • my littlest brother who is building a school in Ecuador.  I'm so proud of him.
  • my friend, Emily, who leaves tomorrow to tend to orphans in Africa.  My heart is with you, friend.
  • The father who prays in Mark 9:24 "I believe.  Help my unbelief!"  Boy can I relate to him and, man, has that been the prayer of my heart lately.
  • the painting at the top.  I bought it in Uganda and it makes me think of a mother surrounded by her children.  It hangs in my hallway just outside my bedroom and when I lie in bed I can see it.  I miss my Ugandan kids terribly and this painting brings a little relief.  Here's another up close shot of it.  The lines and texture leave me stunned.
Painting by Omuny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.