xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #66

April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday #66

This image really has nothing to do with all the things I'm thankful for, except that it makes me giggle and I'm thankful for that.  Image courtesy of monicawiesblott.blogspot.com
This week I'm thankful for...
  • the Portland airport and of all its lovely amenities including local cafes, local bookstores and free Wi-Fi
  • the friendly Alaskan bush pilot I met at the airport who regaled me with fascinating tales
  • the Hunger Games series and time this week to finish reading the last book
  • the feel of my youngest niece slipping her hand into mine
  • bedtime readings of  "Catching Fire" with my middle school niece and nephew
  • laughing so hard with my oldest niece that I almost peed my pants
  • exploring a cemetery with my nephews
  • suggestions from my oldest niece on how to improve my current disaster of a novel
  • the Columbia River
  • graceful, white windmills stretching their arms wide over Oregon
  • the sound of my husband's voice on the other end of the line
  • my nephew's freckled face and the fact that he is enamored with Judy Blume's Fudge books
  • wind in my hair
  • the tingle of joy as I board the plane that will take me back home

2 comments:

  1. I had a lovely mini-vacation reading this. What a pleasant trip. Welcome "home."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the kids and Jeff were very happy to see you and that you gave them your time. I know your Mom was very happy that you went with her.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.