xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #65

March 29, 2012

Thankful Thursday #65

image courtesy of abovethelaw.com
This week I'm thankful for...
  • going to the movies on a school night
  • the smell of steam from the dryer mixed with the scent of rain
  • rainy Saturdays perfect for curling up to read
  • my former students (now pre-teens) who come to my classroom after school to talk about The Hunger Games trilogy.  I try to convince them to join Team Peeta.  They roll their eyes and say things like "Of course, you'd like Peeta.  You just don't get Gale."  Then I kick them out of my classroom for blasphemy.
  • falling asleep in the middle of a good book and dreaming about it
  • my new umbrella that doesn't go tulip in the wind and rain
  • This morning while getting ready for work, I hit the shuffle jackpot.  You know it's going to be a good day when your iPhone spits out this delicious combination of songs:
  1. Future of Forestry: Colors in Array

  2. Stevie Wonder: Uptight

  3. U2: Beautiful Day

  4. Bob Dylan: Buckets of Rain

  5. Joe Anderson: Hey, Jude

  6. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts: Love Is All Around

  7. Richard Shindell: Are You Happy Now?

2 comments:

  1. many things to be thankful for...glad you liked the Temple Grandin post...she is my hero for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really have to read The Hunger Games . However, from what I gather, I don't think I want to fall asleep and dream about it.

    Such a sweet surprise to see Richard Shindell in your shuffle list.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.