xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #83

December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday #83

This week I'm thankful for...
  • crisp clear days when I can make the short drive to school with the top down and the seat warmers on high.  34 degrees out?  Pffft!  Perfect convertible weather!
  • my little one who sang Silent Night to the class.  She didn't quite get all the words right, but frankly "holy infinity so tender and wild" is beautiful and profound
  • coffee with good friends
  • Christmas music in the morning
  • reading The Velveteen Rabbit to my class
  • the melted crayon Christmas tree batiks I made with my class and the parent volunteers who made painting with hot waxy cups of melted crayons with 30 first graders doable
  • the fact that I did not set the off the smoke detector when ironing the wax out of the batiks-that's a Festivus miracle right there!
Here's one of my favorite Christmas tree batiks painted by one of my little ones.
Here's one of my favorite Christmas tree batiks painted by one of my little ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.