xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: An Open Letter to...

December 13, 2009

An Open Letter to...

Dear Nose,

It is completely unfair that you have chosen this particular time to be stuffy and thus rob me of a full week of inhaling the fresh scent of my Christmas tree.  I am over you and your sliming sinuses.  Please leave post haste.

Sincerely,

Me & the tree

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tomato Soup,

You are divine.  If you were a person, I'd kiss your tangy red lips.  You and your friend the grilled cheese sandwich make a lovely couple.  See you soon.

Fondly,

The One in the Pajamas Wandering the Kitchen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Marisa De Los Santos,

You are a beautiful writer.  Even though I finished Love Walked In a full week ago, I think about it daily.  Not the story so much, but your delicate, dead on phrasing.  I don't usually read books over again, but I'd be lying if I didn't confess that I want to read that one a second time straight away.  You inspire me to write while also recognizing I will never write with your poignancy.

Sincerely,

An Awestruck Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear E! Network,

I am not interested in keeping up with the Kardashians, the Girls Next Door, or anyone else famous for being famous.  The mere sight of such shows on the channel guide makes me want to pitch my remote at my tv, Telemundo.  For the well being of my television, please cease and desist all shows not prominently featuring Joel McHale.

Muchas gracias,

Yo y telemundo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.