xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Must See Christmas Movies

December 14, 2009

Must See Christmas Movies

It's holiday movie season and there are a few on my list to revisit before the big day.  In no particular order, they are:

1. Love Actually:  I love the weaving of the stories and the deadpan English humor.  A word of caution-I saw this in the theater with my mom and the scenes with the nude stand-ins were a touch, uh, awkward.

2. Four Christmases: One word: Mistletoe!

3. The Holiday: I'm not sure why I love this movie.  The writing is average.  The acting is nothing remarkable, but for some mysterious reason, this one is mandatory.  I think it's the adorable old man.  Especially his water aerobics scene.  Hot stuff.

4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon):  I love any movie with a character with a heart full of unwashed socks.  I crack up every year reading this book to my class and the narration in the movie only makes it better.

5.  Elf: It's impossible to dislike a movie with the line "I'm sorry for ruining your life and shoving eleven cookies into the VCR."

6. A Charlie Brown Christmas:  I love the music and the message.  That little tree is just so sad and endearing.  You didn't know a tree could be endearing?  Obviously you haven't spent very much time with your Christmas tree.  Shame on you.

*Not on the list because they're television shows are the Festivus episode of Seinfeld and the Chanukah Armadillo episode of Friends.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the Santa Clause series, but only the first one. The second and third are bit of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.