xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Thankful Thursday #7

January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday #7

This week I'm thankful for...




  • the beautiful notebook a friend made for me.

  • the little boy in my classroom who was so excited about a card I'd put in his mailbox that he hugged my leg extra tight

  • Ruby Bridges for inspiring my kids to be brave

  • Martin Luther King, Jr. for giving me goosebumps every time I hear his speech

  • sheets fresh from the dryer

  • cold Saturday mornings perfect for writing in bed

  • my Words With Friends friends

  • frigid bike rides followed by scalding hot showers

  • one of my little girls, who on finding out we were getting yet another new student, said "We are the luckiest class-we always get new friends!",  I've welcomed three new kids into our class within a week.  I'm going to try hard to have the same perspective as the little girl and think about how lucky I am to spend time with these new little ones.

  • the little girl in my class who, after writing pages and pages of a story, proclaimed, "Mrs. McCauley, I wrote lots of Golden Lines."  Yes you did, little one, yes you did.

  • Terry, always Terry.

5 comments:

  1. You have wonderful blessings to be thankful for, especially Terry! And we have been blessed with an amazing daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Chris. I'm pretty fond of you guys, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "We are the luckiest class. . ." How sweet! That is a beautiful notebook. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea of posting a Thankful Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mads, be sure to post a link if you start Thankful Thursdays. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.