xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Bike Love

January 31, 2011

Bike Love

February is a special month for me because not too many Februaries ago, my own little heart got a big fix.  And that big fix allows me to celebrate love in its purest form.  The purest form of love being bike love, of course.

This February I'm sending you a big bouquet of Valentine wishes.


I hope you find love in unexpected places.  I think you'll be surprised where you find it if you take a moment to look.




[caption id="attachment_3067" align="aligncenter" width="254"] Image from bikerumor.com[/caption]

I hope you find a warm embrace in the arms of a loved one.  And that you take the time to hug them just a second or two longer than usual.




[caption id="attachment_3068" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Image from fineartamerica.com[/caption]

I hope you'll be bold enough to let down your guard, to wear your heart on your sleeve.



I hope you write and receive many, many love notes.




[caption id="attachment_3075" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Image from candycranks.com[/caption]

And that each day you find something new to love.




[caption id="attachment_3076" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Image from sp.life123.com[/caption]

I hope you find comfort in love that has been around the block once or twice, love that has lasted, love that has lost a little of its sheen, love that has lost all the sharp edges, love that's your soft place to fall.




[caption id="attachment_3077" align="aligncenter" width="478"] Image from www.bargo.info[/caption]

Whether you spend this Valentine's Day with a few thousand of your closest friends




[caption id="attachment_3079" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Image from www.bargo.info[/caption]

Or in your own good company




[caption id="attachment_3078" align="aligncenter" width="490"] Image from bikeblogs.org[/caption]

Know this, I'm thankful you're a part of my life.  I think this necklace best expresses my feelings for you.




[caption id="attachment_3098" align="aligncenter" width="400"] Image from newyork.inetgiant.com[/caption]

Happy February!  Now, go out and show your bike some love.

8 comments:

  1. What a great post! I think it should win a prize. Be Freshly Pressed. Be a Bloggie champ. I love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lynn! Beautiful post -- beautiful sentiments (and oh, boy are my fingers crossed), beautiful pictures, just. . . oh, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lynn. I just can't get bikes off my brain, even when it comes to love. Maybe especially when it comes to love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Hippie. There is just so much beauty to be found from two wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing images and so inspirational

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Debra. I can't take credit for the images, but I'm glad to share them with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your are a great blogger!! Thanks for sharing from your heart, your bike, your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely compliment, Gwen. Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.