xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: The Festivus Airing of Grievances

December 23, 2010

The Festivus Airing of Grievances

Happy Festivus!  Yes, we celebrate Christmas and Festivus in our house, a fact that Festivus purists probably find despicable.  What can I say, we like Jesus and the Festivus Pole.  Call it a Festivus Miracle and let the Airing of Grievances begin!

  1. Shoe stores: It is ridiculous that you only carry up to size 11 in women's shoes.  There are a lot of tall women out there (namely me) with boats like mine who would like to purchase your shoes.  Please consider stocking size 12.  And, no, that one bright orange pair of size 12 sneakers hiding in a dusty corner does not count.  My feet are big enough.  I do not need them to be mistaken for CalTrans equipment.  Thankyouverymuch.

  2. People Who Must Have The Last Word In E-mails: Let me do a quick little public service announcement: Some e-mails do not require a response.  For example, when I tell you we can talk about something more at our meeting in a few minutes.  You do not need to respond with a 'k'.  I will see you in a few minutes!  The only thing worse than responding with a 'k' is responding with :) and nothing else.  The solo smiley face makes me want to say bad words.  The madness has to stop, k?  Thanks. :)

  3. Christmas Cards From Your Pet: It is maddening that your pet has it together enough to send out a Christmas card when I'm not nearly that organized.  Don't even get me started on pets who actually send full length Christmas letters!

  4. Those Last 5 Pounds: You are infuriating.  It doesn't matter how much I exercise and eat right, you're still here.  I am forced to keep exercising and eating right into 2011 and I think that was your game plan all along.  Well played, 5 pounds, well played indeed.

  5. Donald Miller: I'm reading your book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years.  I'm trying to finish it because I have a stack of books to read over vacation, but you have written this book so brilliantly and honestly that I keep stopping to think about it.  Not only do you write things that speak to me, but you write them in such a way that I have to revisit paragraphs time and again just to see how you crafted them.  If you could dumb down your next book a little, make it a little less thought provoking, maybe a tad less meaningful, that would be great.


Aaahhhh, I feel much better.  Your turn.  What are your grievances?

7 comments:

  1. When girls take a bunch of pictures of themselves making the duck face and post them on FaceBook. It's not cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughed out loud! Fun. Never heard of Festivus...so learned something new. I actually googled it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, I'm glad to introduce you to a new holiday. Happy Festivus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few things:
    YES, SHOE STORES, carry bigger sizes!!!!!!!!!!
    How do you feel about pets IN Christmas cards? With humans?
    Those last 5 pounds will melt off the day AFTER Christmas. I'm sure of it.
    I must read that book. It's in my stack. Possibly #5. Does it deserve a bump-up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emily, definitely bump the book up to number one. It's all about making sure your life is the kind of story you want it to be. I think it would be the perfect way to start off being 26. I'm almost finished with it so you can borrow it if you want when we go for a walk in our big shoes next week. I don't particularly care for pets on Christmas cards, but you can try and convince me otherwise. Happy birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled across your blog, and I am so glad I did. This list is hilarious! I love the 3rd one, especially. Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Angela. Thanks for stopping by. Glad to add a little levity to your day. Only 363 more days until Festivus. Better start making your own list for next year, k? :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.