xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: A Letter of Apology

June 5, 2011

A Letter of Apology

I'm writing over here this week and loved this prompt about apologies.  If you write your own apology, be sure to leave a link to it in the comments section so we can all enjoy it, too.

Dear Terry,

I'm sorry that I never, ever remember to pick up my paycheck at the close of each month.  I'm sorry that I also fail to recall which day is trash day.  I'm sorry that my feet are always cold underneath the covers.  I'm sorry that I sing all the wrong words to songs.  I'm sorry that I'm terribly bad at math.

Thank you for telling me every month that I'm great at my job and reminding me that I actually get paid for it.  Thank you for just shaking your head and laughing at the overflowing trash cans on the side of our house.  Thanks for singing with me every morning in the bathroom and giggling at my artistic license with the lyrics.  Thank you for pressing your warm skin to my frigid toes.  Most of all, thank you for excelling in math, but never adding up all my flaws.

Love,

Alicia

4 comments:

  1. This made me tear up. One of my celebrations today was my singleness... but this made it really hard for me to celebrate it. Singleness is kind of a bummer sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Emily, sorry to make your singleness harder to celebrate. I hope you were able to recognize what a great time in your life it is. For now, God is your beloved and that is a beautiful, beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.