xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Celebration: Day 3, Paybacks

June 8, 2011

30 Days of Celebration: Day 3, Paybacks

I have limited talents.  I can ride my bike pretty far.  Sometimes I can put a decent sentence together.  And I'm really tall.  (I know, being tall isn't a talent, but I felt better putting three things down and I couldn't think of a third.)

I can't sew, cook, play an instrument or anything cool like that.  Luckily, I have friends who can do all of those things and more.

My friend, Danielle, is a crazy good at scrapbooking.  She makes frames and albums and notebooks that are works of art.  She helped me make these beautiful memory verse cards.  And by 'helped me make them' I mean she thought of the idea, got everything ready, and then showed my monkey brain how to put them together.  And then she fixed them when I messed them up.

Well, lately I've been playing around over at animoto.com making movies with my little ones and just having a good time turning photos into slide shows.  Danielle saw one of my little movies and asked if I'd help her make her own.  Playing with a cool website with my even cooler friend?  You betcha.


She came over today with a slew of photos of her grandfather who recently passed away.  In no time we were clicking away and putting together a movie of all of her great memories.  It was beautiful and I was so glad to help her make it all come together.

So today I'm celebrating my talented friends and the rare opportunity that I get to pay them back.

4 comments:

  1. You are far too modest, Alicia! You are known to be a very good writer. Indeed! This little book is sweet as can be as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Earlier in the year Danielle made me a notebook that matches my memory verse flip book. She's so talented. It was great to be able to help her make something beautiful for a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about making one of grandma? Or maybe we'll make one after the reunion - in your spare time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can easily make one of the reunion if you and Chris will be in charge of snapping the photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.