xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Celebration: Day 10, Lesson Learned

June 16, 2011

30 Days of Celebration: Day 10, Lesson Learned

Today I'm celebrating being taught a lesson.

I'm no photographer, a fact that is really obvious.  So I use images I find on the web, always making sure to ask permission, give credit if desired and link to the photo if the photographer so wishes.  So you can imagine my horror when I found out one of the images I'd used (with permission) was not in fact owned by the person who gave me permission to use it.  The true photographer kindly left me a message letting me know as much.  I removed the image and apologized as soon as I realized my mistake.  The photographer was very gracious about the whole thing.

It's a weird thing to say I'm celebrating a mistake, but I'm also celebrating the opportunity to make things right.  In the future I'll do a much more thorough job investigating ownership.

It's a lesson I'm glad to have learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me.