xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Celebration: Day 9, Bike Commuting

June 14, 2011

30 Days of Celebration: Day 9, Bike Commuting

Today I'm celebrating the opportunity to commute by bicycle.  I live close to my school, so close in fact that I often walk to work.  In the time it would take me to pump up my bike tires, strap on my helmet, and get my bike gear on, I could probably be almost to the door of my classroom.  Then there's the whole issue of bringing a change of clothes, and shoes, and not to mention dealing with helmet hair.  Too much effort for what would equate to just over a mile.  Round trip.

But today I had a meeting downtown right off the river trail.  So I slipped into my bike gear, strapped on my helmet and pedaled out.  It was an easy ride from my house, just over 4 miles in the warm morning.  I rode along the river, thinking about the meeting at hand.

After the meeting, I pedaled home, mashing my pedals uphill in the summer heat.  Sweat trickled down my brow.  I didn't care.  It's summer and today I'm a bike commuter.

2 comments:

  1. Anything task you can do with a bike is cool. I took Jack for his first night ride last night. He did great, until he saw a skunk. Lucky for me the skunk ran away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been fun taking him out for the first time. I'm glad you both avoided the skunk!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.