xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Thanks: Day 14

November 14, 2010

30 Days of Thanks: Day 14


Recently many of my women friends have lost mothers, grandmothers and even children.  While I'm not thankful for the losses, I am thankful for my friends who are able to look grief in the face and also see blessing.


I am thankful for these women who wear their hearts on their sleeves and teach me about compassion and empathy.

I am thankful for these women who teach me about strength by getting out of bed each day to embrace life in all it's heartache and all it's glory.  Sometimes the two are entwined and I'm thankful for that, too.

I'm thankful that love acts as a salve over tender places where we are burned and broken.

I'm thankful that love lives on beyond our earthly bodies, that we are not just flesh and bone, but we are filled with love, both past and present.

Click on the photo above to see some more amazing photos by this photographer and the 365 iphone photos project.

1 comment:

Talk to me.