xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: Dear 16 Year Old Me,

November 3, 2010

Dear 16 Year Old Me,

Dear 16 Year Old Me,

If I had the ability to travel back in time, here are some things I'd tell ya:

  • Don't worry about the fact that you are flat chested.  This actually turns out to be a good thing later in life.  No, really.

  • Being tall is way better than you think.

  • A magical electronic device called the flat iron will take care of that whole nest of curls you fight every morning.

  • Your "summer boyfriend" will become your best friend, your husband, the love of your life.  You are at the beginning of a wonderful love story.

  • Call your Grandma.  You'll be glad you did.

  • The top of the old water tower outside of Tijuaua will become one of your favorite places of all time.  Take a picture of the view.  You'll wish you could remember it in sharp detail when you're older.

  • You are stronger than you think, but it's okay to let your guard down once in awhile.

  • You will be an athlete.  It's okay that you don't believe me.  Sometimes I don't believe it either.

  • Your life will have some moments like this:




(Sorry, but birds hate you.  Just accept the fact that they poop on you now and again.)

  • But most of your life will be like this:


You are at the start of a great life filled with friends, love, laughter, and adventure.  Hang on tight because life is fast and it's never dull.

Love,

33 Year Old Me

P.S.-Be nicer to your little brother.  He turns out to be a pretty decent guy.

2 comments:

  1. What a great prompt and a great post. I'm inspired! Wonderful, my bud. Too bad I won't be writing with you face-to-face this year.
    Boo....
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bonnie. I wish we were writing face to face this year, too. Yesterday I watched the video from our Philly writing marathon and felt a pang of sadness to be missing out this year, but I look forward to living vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.