xmlns:og>='http://ogp.me/ns#'> Pedals & Pencils: 30 Days of Thanks: Day 4

November 4, 2010

30 Days of Thanks: Day 4

I'm spending November writing by the seat of my pants for NaNoWriMo, but I'm also trying to get in the habit of daily thanks.

Today I'm thankful...

  • for small acts of kindness

  • for the pink sunrise sky that greeted me when I took the trash out

  • that my mom is finally home from her big adventure through the lower 48

  • to have attended a writing session at my local community college this afternoon.  I admit, I kinda hoped something like this would go down:


But it didn't.  What did go down was a great session and reading by Charlie Price.  Know what else went down?  A whole bunch of words on the page for this runaway novel of mine.  6,868 words down only 43,132 to go!

6 comments:

  1. Bravo Lady! Bravo! I'm rockin' with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post made me smile. I think the thirty days of thanks is a wonderful idea. And congrats on the word count! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @thejinx, thanks-I'm just trying to catch up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two, Alicia and Bonnie, are leaving me in the dust! I'm having an unbelievably slow start. Partially because my days leave me feeling like a limp rag. Kids have been on a rampage lately. BUT...I'm not quitting before I start so just think writerly thoughts for me, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely sending writerly thoughts your way, Lynn. I'm confident the weekend will send you into a mad writing frenzy of genius proportions!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me.